Friday, July 11, 2014

Adventures in Avocado

Today marks day number two of my complete life transformation. I must say, I feel amazing. My body and mind are so very happy. It's very nice to be in Boone for the week, surrounded by family and friends, mountains, and the Highland Games. This weekend is the Grandfather Mountain Highland Games, and I have stayed in town to conduct anthropological research for my senior thesis. This has also made me very happy because I love my major and I love doing research and learning about new people and places and things. This has been one exciting week!

This morning I woke up and made myself another superfood smoothie. I used blackberries, raspberries, yogurt, and nonfat milk. It turned out to be so thick that I ate it out of a bowl with a spoon, and it tasted just like a bowl of ice cream! Then I ate a banana and an apple with peanut butter for a little added protein, and set out for the Games.

After two hours of walking around with my press pass (super official!) I went to the gym and started my workout. Today I got to drink my pre-workout powder before I started, and I really think it did a lot of good. I felt so energized before and during my workout, and even after I was finished. I followed up with my post-workout powder, which is the first time I've been able to use both in one day, and it made me feel great. This new routine is making me crave healthier, more nutritious food, and today I was really inspired by a recipe I found on Pinterest, for "Homesick Toast".

Instead of rye toast I used gluten free rice cakes, and didn't add any cheese.


I mashed together the lime juice and the entire avocado, then added cumin and crushed red pepper. Once it was mushed to a smooth consistency, I spread it over two rice cakes, topped with salt and pepper and a sprig of cilantro, and enjoyed my tasty meal outside on the deck overlooking the mountains. 


What a beautiful life this is, friends. There are so many things to be thankful for. Today I am thankful for my body, because it is the only one I'll ever have and it's so nice to take care of it the way it deserves. Blessings, mes chéris. 

xoxo 
gracie 

No comments:

Post a Comment