Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Inspiration: Glamazon

Good afternoon, mes belles :)

After a short weekend break and a seven hour drive, I'm back in Wooster, Ohio attempting to continue my lifestyle changes. It's not as easy without a kitchen at hand, and I'm finding that I need a lot more inspiration to keep it up.

As you all may or may not know, I've become a huge fan of RuPaul's Drag Race this summer, and I've watched every episode from every season (and the untucked episodes) and I'm pretty obsessed. I find it to be hilarious, educational, and really inspiring. RuPaul has a song called Glamazon, and it gives me the inspiration to get up and go get the body I want. Take a listen! RuPaul, my queen, has a gorgeous body and is proud to be in her own skin, which is truly my goal with this entire shift in my lifestyle.

Listening to this song continues to remind me that I'm not doing this for anyone else…I'm doing it for myself in order to look like I want to look. Sometimes it's really hard to resist the urge to eat things like pizza or doughnuts, especially when I'm traveling or even when I'm at school. It can also be difficult to resist eating constantly, so I curve it by keeping lots of fruit and veggies around to snack on and getting rid of the junk food.

Another inspiration is this quote by Emma Watson.

I'm not at this point of comfortability with my figure or appearance, but I'm learning that it's okay. It's also okay if I slip up and eat pizza, if I don't go to the gym over the weekend, or if I don't feel up to doing my full workout one day. This is all okay, as long as I keep working hard to reach my goals. I want this change to be positive, happy, and healthy, not full of body shaming and negativity. 

I'm already starting to notice some changes in my body, and it's only inspiring my to keep going. I feel so much better: I sleep better, I have more energy, and I don't have constant mood swings like I used to-I'm happy. 

I want to thank all of the people who are reading this, because you make me want to keep going. I've gotten so much positive feedback and it's only been a few days. You are all so inspiring and positive, and it means more to me than you will ever know. 

It's time for the gym now--I hope you all have a lovely day. 

xoxo
gracie 

No comments:

Post a Comment